A BibTeX manager.
- BibTeX style generator (bst)
- Bib-it features an advanced GUI based bst generator,
wich is probably the first GUI tool for bst generation to be released!
- Should run on most platforms with Java Runtime 1.5(or later) installed.
- All metadata is defined in
- Person listing
All persons (fields of type
#name) are parsed specially and added to the
unique feature of Bib-it called the
This has many useful features:
- Very fast search for all entries with the selected person.
- Drag & drop persons into new entries.
- Replace misspelled names like "Oran Patasnick" with "Oren Patashnik" in all references.
- Replace several different spellings like "Donald Knuth" and "Donald E. Knuth"
with "Donald Ervin Knuth" in all references.
- Easy editing
Open, merge, edit and save BibTeX files.
- Add/remove references, edit information about a reference in the table mode or form mode.
- Write names (e.g. Author or Editor) in standard BibTeX format, or fill in first,
last, von, jr in a form, or drag and drop an existing name from the Person listing.
- Add/remove custom fields on an entry.
- Crossreferencing entries can be grouped under the entry the refer to.
- Automatic warning if a manually typed
key is not unique.
- Generate unique BibTeX reference keys with customizeable rules.
- Find duplicates
Search for possible duplicates by comparing
customizeable fields. The results are nicely
organized in a table.
- Error tolerant parser
- The parser won't halt unless an error that may cause loss of data
is encountered, other parse errors will only create a list of warnings.
Actually the only thing the parser halts on is redefinitions of abbrevations (wich may cause loss
of data) and unexpected end of files (wich may indicate that some missing end symbol have corrupted the
- Powerful searching
Besides the person search with the person listing, Bib-it supports
several types of string searching.
The list of entries can be sorted simply by clicking on the field headline you want to sort
it by. Clicking the it again wil reverse the sorting.
- Text fields is sorted alfabetically.
- Months is sorted by their actual order (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr ...),
- Number types, like year, are sorted by their numerical value
- Name fields are sorted by last name of the first person
(to find persons use the Person listing).